As your trusted partner, Community West takes your identity protection seriously. That's why we are offering Member Checking Accounts our IDProtect identity theft protection service. This service is our proactive step to protect you and your family and joint account holders from identity fraud.Identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes in the U.S. and if you become a victim, recovering from ID theft and repairing your credit can take time, sometimes years, and can cost hundreds of dollars.1
For just $2.00 per month2, Community West's IDProtect service provides family3 protection with these benefits:
- Credit Monitoring - daily credit file monitoring and automated alerts of key changes to your Experian, Equifax and TransUnion credit reports
- Total Identity Monitoring - continuous monitoring of over 1,000 databases including credit, Social Security, public records, real property records, telephone, along with many others
- Your 3-in-1 Credit Report
- Your Credit Score
- Fully managed Identity Theft Resolution Services
- Access to a dedicated fraud specialist assigned to manage your case who will work with you until your credit and identity are restored
- Identity theft recovery case plan to inform you of the recovery process
- Debit and credit card registration
- Online identity theft news center and valuable phone and web resources
Protecting our Members
With the continued growth of ID theft, Community West Credit Union feels each member needs identity theft protection. The security fee of $2.00 per month will be charged to your account on the first of each month. If you choose not to utilize the IDProtect service, you have the opportunity to opt-out at any time.5
If you have other questions or want more information, please feel free to contact one of our member service representatives at 616-261-5657 or visit the IDProtect Website.
1 Javelin Strategy & Research, 2010 Identity Fraud Survey Report.
2 Fee will be deducted from your checking account by Community West Credit Union and will apply to coverage for the current month. Fee will be charged the first day of the month.
3 Family includes: Spouse, persons qualifying as a domestic partner under the provisions of any applicable federal, state or local law, children under 25 years of age and parent of such natural persons who are residents of the same household.
4 Identity Theft Insurance underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of Chartis Inc. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions.
5 If you wish to waive this service, please contact one of our member service representatives at 616-261-5657.
Insurance product is not a deposit; not NCUA insured; not an obligation of credit union; and not guaranteed by credit union or any affiliated entity.